Small Timber & Canvas Folding Camping Chair Product Eco Rating
This small folding Moon chair is mainly made of completely biodegradable or recyclable materials. Although it does contain some synthetics, it’s a great sustainable alternative to most camping chairs.
Thick blended canvas is used for the seat, which is 80% is cotton, the other 20% is polyester.
Cotton is a biodegradable material, although with most/almost all non-organic plant-based materials, pesticides and fertilisers are used during farming, then some other chemicals are used during the manufacturing process.
The 80% cotton part of the canvas will degrade quite fast once buried, reducing Landfill, where as the other 20% that’s polyester won’t decompose for an extremely long time.
Timber is used for the frame of this small Moon Chair, which is of course renewable, benefits the environment while alive and will completely biodegrade if not repurposed. To keep the timber frame sturdy while having the ability to fold up, Aluminium Alloy brackets and hinges are used, which are 100% recyclable. At the base of the legs are anti-slip caps, made of rubber, which is also recyclable.
This is a great, comfortable camping chair and although it’s not 100% sustainable, it’s a great eco alternative that will last many years if treated well.
Small Moon Chair Specs:
Capacity: 100 kg approx.
Weight: 3.2 kg
– Seat: Thick Blended Cotton Canvas
– Frame: Timber
– Brackets & Hinges: Aluminium Alloy
– Slip Stops: Rubber